In rubocop I have set my number of characters per line to 100. Sooner or later something happens where limits are tested, trying to find ways to work around this is very interesting.
I was using the paperclip gem to allow uploads for word documents only. The
:content_type had an array of valid types which were overflowing the 100 char limit, whilst going through the documentation on GitHub it took me a while to realise I can just create an array and hand it over to the ``:content_type` sweet!
Here is what I settled on:
class Template < ApplicationRecord has_attached_file :document valid_types = [ ‘application/msword’, ‘application/vnd.openxmlformats-officedocument.wordprocessingml.document’ ] validates_attachment_content_type :document, :message => ‘only microsoft word documents allowed’, :content_type => valid_types end